- Ambato is the capital of the Province Tungurahua in the center of Ecuador. The town is famos for its "Fiesta de las Flores y Frutas". You can find different kind of fruits during the entire year in the markets .
La Quinta de Mera
- The house "La Quinta de Mera" is an interesting museum.
La Quinta de Luis A. Martínez
- The house "La Quinta de Luis A. Martínez" is also an interesting museum.
La Fiesta de las Flores y las Frutas
- La Fiesta de las Flores y Frutas es el evento más importante de Ambato, con muchos eventos aledaños.
GOVERNMENT OF TUNGURAHUA PROVINCE
Teléfono: 03- 2820311, 2823051
ILLUSTRIOUS MUNICIPALITY OF AMBATO
Teléfono: 03- 2
TUNGURAHUA CHAMBER OF TOURISM
Teléfono: 03- 2822149
SITES TO VISIT
- City of fruit trees, also known as "the land of apples"
- Mocha is famous for its bulls, which participate in many bullfights in the area.
- City of fruit and wine production. It is interesting that it is consecrated to the Lord of the Earthquake and a typical dish is the "arepas de squash". (30 min. by bus from Ambato)
- Today known as the "City of Jeans" for the manufacture and sale of jean articles. (15 min. from Ambato with the buses to Pelileo and Baños)
- Known for the manufacture and sale of leather goods such as sweaters, jackets and shoes. In August it is worth visiting the bullfight. (by bus 30 min. from Ambato)
- Since you can see (especially at night) the Tungurahua volcano in eruption.
- It is a small town near Ambato.
OTHER INTERESTING SITES
- Baños is famous for its thermal baths, its special climate, the volcano Tungurahua, the waterfalls and its Hotels, Restaurants and Bars. (at 2h30 from Quito or 20 min. from Ambato with buses to Baños or Puyo)
- Salasaca indigenous crafts fair: Manufacture of wool items such as tapestries, bags, caps and paintings. Fairs on Saturdays. (15 min. from Ambato with the buses to Pelileo and Baños)
- Manufacture and marketing of leather goods such as sweaters, jackets and shoes. (by bus 30 min. from Ambato)
- Known for "The famous Pinllo bread" and its typical dishes of "Gallinas de Pinllo". (15 min. from Ambato with the buses to Pinllo)
- This volcano is active and has been erupting since 2001. It has a height of 5,023 meters above sea level and is accessible from the city. The active volcanoes Tungurahua and Sangay 5,230 masl are within the Sangay National Park. There are different agencies and professional guides that offer their professional mountaineering services.
- It has an elevation of 5,020 meters above sea level. and it is a stratovolcano without activity in historical times. It is located 22 km from Ambato.
- The Llanganates mountain range is part of the Llanganates National Park. It is here, where it is presumed that gold is hidden in the Rumiñahui treasure. One of the famous sites is the Pisayambo Lagoon. To enter the Llanganates National Park it is suggested to hire a professional guide.
- Travelling by train is a unforgetable trip. There are still some lines working.
- Here you can get information about the different arts and events.
- There are different kind of museums, you´ll find more information here.
Other destinies, cities y sites